Thursday, February 16, 2017

Day to Day Strategies - #3 Coping Tips for Menu Planning

COPING TIPS - menu planning, recipes and food:
I mentioned in the Facebook Group, what I think is an important reminder for day to day coping with the challenge of meal preparation and planning, but I want to make sure people see it, so am giving it a blog post space ... feel free to add your comments - either here or in the group

One important piece of advice - Never be afraid to search the internet for recipes, and see how you can adapt them to a low Ni version! That's what I have been doing. Arm yourself with the INDD list and don't just dismiss recipes that might have questionable ingredients. I have always eliminated various ingredients and made substitutions based on what I thought might have been a reactive ingredient for me. Eg - substitute shallots for onions, reduce garlic, if you think it gives you issues. Substitute fresh herbs for dried ones, and so on.

Of course, don't go searching for recipes that have legumes, soy, whole grains, or chocolate as your base, or main ingredients! Be bold and adventurous - try "new" vegetables. Make soups and stews with our Ni safe foods! Embrace it. Really, what choice do we have? There are tons and tons of adaptable recipes out there!

No comments: